We are all dreaming of warmer weather and now is the time to start planning your backyard remodeling projects to ensure that they are ready to be enjoyed by your family and friends by spring. When selecting a contractor to partner with, remember the following tips:
Planning: We recommend that you have a good idea of what you are looking for before discussing plans with your builder. This will ensure you receive the best outcome for your project. Understanding how you would like to use the space is key.
Testimonials: See what other clients are saying about a builders’ past work performances. Websites such as GuildQuality send out impartial surveys to past clients which are then made available to potential customers for future projects. See what our past clients have to say about Breyer Construction & Landscape!
Interview: At Breyer Construction, we encourage clients to ask many questions regarding a company’s background and experience. During this process, request proof of licensing and insurance to ensure you are speaking with a qualified builder. In addition, have a clear understanding of their planning and building process and address any questions or concerns regarding a project quote before agreeing to move forward.
A Word from the Breyer Team
“One of the best parts of our job is meeting with the wonderful homeowners that are interested in working with us. And as we enter the beginning of the spring season, we will have the opportunity to start working with new families and help in creating quality living spaces that they can enjoy with their families and friends. We are dedicated to not only designing dream backyards that meet the needs/wants of our clients, but in developing long-term relationships. We look forward to the spring season and the new families we will meet along the way!”
Breyer In the News
Matt Breyer, Owner and Lead Designer of Breyer Construction, was published in homes.com last month discussing areas to plan for while working through building a deck to ensure your investment increases your home’s value and curb appeal. Here are a few areas to address:
- Features: consider all the features you may need; lightening for nighttime entertaining, outdoor kitchen for summer cook-outs or a lounge area to relax on the warm summer nights.
- Builder: look for independent reviews and recommendations for builders in your area.
- Proper Size: make sure you determine the proper size for how you intend on using the space.
- Materials: consider the materials you want to use to ensure that your deck last for years to come.
- Budget: share your budget with your builder to ensure you are all on the same page before moving forward.
- Curb Appeal: consider the overall design of the space and how the deck will transition into your existing yard to ensure a consistent look and feel.
Building a deck is an exciting undertaking. To learn more tips from Matt, check out the full article on homes.com.
The team at Breyer Construction & Landscape has decades of experience building decks and outdoor living spaces that homeowners love. If you are interested in making this addition to your home, contact Breyer Construction to learn how we can build the backyard oasis you’ve always dreamed of.